Ezekiel 38 – 39 War – Gog and Allies invade Israel!
It looks like there are two wars described here in each chapter. Some even say that the first war expands into a second war specified in chapter 39. But for this article, will focus on just chapter 38.
Will Christians witness the Ezekiel War?
Will Christian witness the Ezekiel 38-39 war before the Rapture, or will it take place during the Tribulation? Christians are on both sides of this debate and I’ll cover this in detail below.
Ezekiel 38–39 War
Topics discussed here
- Why build a 3rd temple?
- Should we take scripture literally?
- The difference between God’s Wrath and Persecution.
- What is the Rapture?
- Is there a difference between God’s Wrath and Persecution?
- Who opens the first seal?
- Should we ignore the Old Testament and just read the New Testament?
- What is the outcome of the Ezekiel 38 war?
- A smooth political leader arises!
- Will there be suffering in the 1st half of Tribulation?
- Who controls temple in 1st half of Tribulation?
- Who will be surprised? Is it the Church?
- Who’s in Syria today? Will the US help Israel?
- Thirteen possible reasons why the US won’t support Israel!
- When will the Ezekiel 38 War begin?
Will a Third Temple be built?
Scripture indicates that a 3rd Temple must be rebuilt in Jerusalem so Israel can start animal sacrifices, but the Muslims forbid Jews to rebuild.
The Temple institute in Jerusalem Templeinstitute.org establish in 1987 has a goal to establish the 3rd Temple for the Jews. Many items for animal sacrifices are already underway. Don’t take my word, do yourself a favor and look it up!
Remember the Jews rejected Christ as their Messiah and are still looking for a Messiah that will be king and overthrow their enemies.
With Israel restored back into the land in 1948, there are now new ambitions and enormous amount of prophesy still to be fulfilled.
Should we take scripture literally?
I might add that there are Christians who say all or most of the prophesies have already been fulfilled, (or don’t take scripture literally) or ignore that Israel in the land is the key to the fulfillment of prophesy of Christ 2nd Coming to save the Jews by Jesus touching down on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem Zech. 14:4.
What is the Rapture?
The Rapture on the other hand is Christ coming in the sky, invisible to those on the earth to rescue the Church from God’s Wrath during the Tribulation 1st Thessalonians 1:10. For more discussion on the Rapture.
Is there difference between God’s Wrath and Persecution?
Many are confused and think God’s Wrath and Persecution are the same thing and say why shouldn’t the church go through the Tribulation or be spared from persecution? They say throughout the church age there’s been persecution.
However, God’s Wrath comes from God and persecution comes from Satan or man empowered by Satan or expressed by man’s sinful nature.
For more on God’s Wrath and for those who think with a humanistic mindset without hope, for those who think they can make it through the Great Tribulation when over one have of mankind is destroyed from seal judgment #4 through Trumpet Judgment #6! See If you think you can survive the Seven-Year-Tribulation than guess again.
Who opens the First Seal In the book of Revelation?
And who opens the first seal beginning the Tribulation, the judgments and Wrath of God in the book of Revelation? It is Christ and not Satan or any man!
Should we ignore the Old Testament and just read the New Testament?
There are those that ignore Old Testament Scriptures and say we should be looking entirely at the New Testament and that the Old Testament is only for the Jews.
I then ask why does Jesus quote scripture from the Old Testament by saying in so many words… this event I doing is a fulfillment of a prophet?
When you read the New Testament, begin to see how many times Jesus, Paul and the rest of the Spirit filled inspired writers pull direct quotes from the Old Testament and insert into the New Testament.
What might be the outcome of the Ezekiel War?
There is speculation that the Ezekiel war must take place to neutralize the geographical area so the 3rd Temple can be rebuilt near or at the “Doom of the Rock” in Jerusalem which currently is under Muslim influence.
A smooth Political Military Leader arises!
Then out of nowhere it seems, arises a smooth, influential person, a charismatic leader, the Anti-Christ who will offer a peace treaty to Israel and make way for the building of the 3rd Temple so sacrifices can be instituted. No not the Raiders of the Lost Ark 😊.
For this to happen, there has to be a deceptive peace treaty offered at the start of the Seven-Year-Tribulation period, by the Anti-Christ and accepted by Israel that will only last for 3 ½ years as Daniel 9:27 speaks about.
Will there be suffering from God’s Wrath in the 1st half of Tribulation?
Yes, there will be suffering in the 1st half of the Seven-Year-Tribulation period! Read the seal judgment! Again, who opens the first seal of God’s Wrath? Correct it is Jesus!
Who controls the Temple in the 1st half and 2nd half of 7 yr. Tribulation?
The Jews will control the 3rd Temple for the 1st half of the Tribulation period and the Gentiles control the Temple for the 2nd half of the Tribulation period, Rev. 11:1-3.
The Anti-Christ breaks the covenant at the midway point of the Tribulation as Jesus talks about it in Matthew 24 the “abomination of desolation” where an offensive swine or abominable sacrifice is offered on the altar.
Who will be totally surprised? Is it the Church? No!
The Jews will be so surprised because they had faith in this Anti-Christ as their Messiah! But God in His mercy tells the remnant to flee to the mountains where many think is in Petra of Jordan!
The Ezekiel 38-39 war, sometimes referred to as Gog and Magog war is where Russia, far north and a collation of nations will invade Israel!
Who’s in Syria today? Will the US help Israel in the Ezekiel War?
Look who’s in Syria today and the players that currently occupying the area: Russia, Turkey, Iran. Also, Libya and Ethiopia are allies with Russia.
And guess what? The USA will Not support Israel as it appears from this prophesy, except perhaps as some scholars indicate that the USA might be referenced in verse 13 as the young lions and others diplomatically ask, “are you going to plunder Israel?”
The war will take place for sure as God lures a confederacy of nations, (in His timing) by the jaw into the land of Israel so that God can defeat those nations and provide victory for Israel. Ezekiel 38:4
Thirteen Possible reasons Why the USA won’t support Israel?
Why the USA will not help Israel? Here are some possible scenarios:
- The Rapture of the Church occurs. Christians known in the Church age are resurrected and removed from the coming Tribulation – No USA Super power status – 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17,
- The USA continues on its moral decline where churches become aligned with the culture and socialism becomes the political and economical engine, and lawlessness rules, (ripe for the judgment of God) No USA Super power status,
- The USA becomes a lessor power as the USA merges with Mexico and Canada – open boarders is the trend,
- Anti-Semitic leaders govern the USA – God removes His blessing on the USA,
- Financial collapse on debt- Banks default, and currency is hyper-inflated. Social programs hitting all time high, enormous debt to sponsor a middle east military,
- The USA relinquishes power to United Nations,
- Military takeover of USA – use your imagination,
- Possible Israeli invasion on Damascus Syria in fulfillment of Isaiah 17:1 “… Damascus will cease to be a city…” and perhaps because Israel is threatened by chemical attack, they completely destroy Damascus and internationally no one really want to come to their aid.
- USA will not interfere or have the will to interfere in a Russian led collation that invades the Golan Heights since the global world community believes it should go back to Syria and was not rightfully Israel’s after the six-day war. The Golan Heights has enormous oil reserves discovered recently!
- Israel driven to a weak position whereby Benjamin Netanyahu & President Trump are no longer the strongmen leadership protecting Israel.
- The Iraqi parliament or other foreign recipients of USA military support will relinquish any further need for aid and push the USA out of the middle east. However, don’t underestimate the USA military capability since they have an excuse to accomplish their mission and destroy Iran’s Nuclear threat by going after their facilities.
- Perhaps the USA will suffer some casualties and with the pressure of the American people much like in the Vietnam war era, give an ultimatum or else no support for the President.
- Ezekiel 38 doesn’t infer that a western power such as the USA will support Israel in this war.
Since the USA won’s support Israel in the Ezekiel War, then who will come to their aid? It will certainly be God who will take the credit for the supernatural victory!
It was reported recently that there was at least 56 reportedly killed in stampede at Soleimani funeral. What’s it going to look like in the confusion when the passage is fulfilled?
21 I will call for a sword against Gog throughout all My mountains,” says the Lord God. “Every man’s sword will be against his brother. 22 And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
Finally remember, this is God’s War! He starts it and ends it! This is a war to magnify God’s greatness and to show nations that God will be glorified and that Israel is His chosen!
God Starts the war
4 I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws …
God Ends the war
23 Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself …
When will the Ezekiel War start?
The question again is, could the Ezekiel 38 war occur before the Tribulation, or even before the Church Rapture?
Remember, a peace treaty must be signed by the Anti-Christ to officially start the Tribulation period, Daniel 9:27. Again if we ignored the Old Testament scripture we wouldn’t know this.
Knowing when the Tribulation begins is a Basic 101 Essential Truth Christians need to know and should get this truth under their belt! Scripture is very clear on this. See when the Seven-Year-Tribulation begins!
But from my experience, most can’t tell you when the Seven-Year-Tribulation begins but are self acclaimed experts in the book of Revelation.
Personally, I would not desire to witness the Ezekiel war because scripture is clear that the USA will not support Israel in this war and that literally means we’ll most likely have anti-Israeli leadership governing the USA and Christians will certainly experience more persecution, more than ever in its history!
Making a case for the Ezekiel 38 war to occur before the Rapture of the Church, may diminish the teachings of the imminent return of Christ, (at any moment) for His Bride and make a condition that additional prophesy needs to be fulfilled.
Again, for Christ to appear in the sky known as the Rapture which could occur at any moment may not be true if we have to wait for the Ezekiel 38 war to be fulfilled first 1 Corinthians 15:50-54.
An important take away is, if we see these things beginning to line up, how much sooner can our redemption be?
Understand that after the Rapture occurs, the Tribulation does not have to immediately follow? There could be a time laps of months or maybe years before the Tribulation begins.
Those remaining and not Raptured, will be indoctrinated into a One World Order system (destined for hell) or martyred if rejecting the Anti-Christ by accepting Christ in the Tribulation Rev. 7:9-14.
Not everyone on the same page!
Certainly not everyone reading this is on the same page and agrees. Many haven’t a clue why there’s a Seven-Year Tribulation period, and overlook Old Testament Scriptures, but immediately go to the book of Revelation and spout off as self-acclaimed experts without knowing the full scriptures as to why there’s required a further Seven-Year judgement yet to be fulfilled for Israel.
Stay tuned for a Music Video with full orchestra of violins, sax and choir, “Why there is a Seven-Year Tribulation made simple to understand?”
You just won’t hear this in a Sunday Sermon!
Why you won’t hear this in a Sunday Sermon or at Christian Conferences is because churches tend to stay away from controversial topics because they don’t want to offend anyone and diminish the revenue stream.
I can point folks to other material for those truly desiring to know but anyone that personally attacks my character because they disagree will be blocked and comments deleted. Some folks are prideful and love to argue just for the sake of argument and really do not desire to know truth because they’ve made up their minds.
- Welcome me home – A recent song only (no video) that longs to be with Jesus!
- News Flash – When churches stop speaking about the Rapture!
- The Great I Am – Speaks about the Birth Pains prior to the Tribulation.
- Thief in the Night – Christ to rescue Israel when Jesus touches Mount Olives!
- Israel Restored – The beginnings of the History of Israel in 1948!
- Ezekiel 38 War – The war that God wins for Israel and possibly neutralize the area for the Temple to be rebuilt!
- Christian Traveler – Christians are traveling through this life on this earth as a sojourner (temporal)!